Campo dos Mártires da Pátria
The Praça de Touros do Campo de Santana replaced the Praça de Touros do Salitre, and was inaugurated on July 3, 1831, with the presence of D. Miguel.
It was a small bullring, with a simple arena, built almost entirely of wood. Since bullfighting is one of the most esteemed traditions, it satisfied the aficionados of the noble and popular. It was demolished in 1891, having given way to the Praça de Touros do Campo Pequeno.
This bullring was located in the place where today is the Faculdade de Ciências Médicas da Universidade Nova de Lisbon, in the Campo dos Mártires da Pátria.