português

Escola Secundária de Camões

Praça José Fontana

Located in Praça José Fontana, formerly Largo do Matadouro Municipal, it was the first modern high school of Lisbon to introduce pedagogical novelties such as: daily notebook, airy classrooms, the necessary infrastructures associated with the practice of physical exercise, canteen, playgrounds and a student association.
The building work began in 1908, and it was inaugurated on October 16, 1909 with mixed classes. After April 25, 1974, all high schools changed their designation to “secondary school”, which is what today is called the old Liceu Camões: Escola Secundária de Camões


VOLTAR