português

Fábrica Viúva Lamego

Largo do Intendente Pina Manique / Rua Almirante Reis

The “Viúva Lamego” factory, whose premises were located facing the Largo do Intendente Pina Manique, in a building from 1865, covered with tiles with Pompeian fresco motifs and oriental exotic motifs, produced utilitarian articles in red clay, earthenware and tiles. Founded by António da Costa Lamego in the place where he started a pottery workshop, the factory adopted the name “Viúva Lamego” after his death. Later on, it became the property of a company named “Cerâmica Fábrica de Viúva Lamego, Lda”.


VOLTAR