Campo dos Mártires da Pátria
The Lisbon’s Medical-Surgical School was built in the space formerly occupied by the Praça de Touros do Campo de Santana, according to the classicizing project of architect José Maria Nepomuceno.
Artists such as Columbano Bordalo Pinheiro, José Malhoa and Veloso Salgado took part in the decoration of the interiors.
Work began in 1890, and from 1911 onwards, the Lisbon Medical School functioned there. In 1954, the college was transferred to the Hospital of Santa Maria, in Lisbon, with the building becoming unoccupied. In 1977, returned to the initial functions, with the current Faculdade de Ciências Médicas da Universidade Nova de Lisboa.