português

Largo do Intendente Pina Manique

The square is named after D. Diogo Inacio de Pina Manique, Chief of Police, who had his palace there. By these routes passed intense traffic towards the suburbs of the city, before the opening of the Avenida D. Amelia, the current Avenida Almirante Reis. In the square, stood the Fonte do Intendente from 1823 to 1917, when it was transferred to the eastern side of the new avenue. In this area stands the façade of the “Viúva Lamego” building, covered with tiles, dated from 1865, of the famous Ferreira das Tabuletas.


VOLTAR